Obafemi is a Partner and heads the Litigation & Dispute Resolution and Brand Protection Practices of the firm. He also doubles as Sector Head for FMCGs.
He has a solid background in commercial litigation and has over the years grown into a leading light in Intellectual Property Rights protection and enforcement practice sector in Nigeria.
Obafemi has participated and facilitated at several local and international conferences and workshops including those organized by Henley Business School, South Africa, International Trademark Association (INTA), Anti-Counterfeiting Group (ACG), International Anti-Counterfeiting Coalition (IACC), International Federation of Phonographic Industries (IFPI), World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO), African Economic Forum of Columbia University, USA, etc.
Obafemi was a member of the Lagos State Governor Committee for the Reforms of the Entertainment Industry where he authored the Legal Framework for the actualization of the Committee’s recommendations.
His reputation in the Media, Entertainment and Technology space in Nigeria has earned him a nomination as a leading legal practitioner for this category in the 2015 edition of Who’s Who Legal Publication.
- University College London (University of London) – LL.M IP with a stint in Corporate Insolvency & Restructure;
- King’s College London (University of London) – PG.DIP in UK, EC & US Copyright Law;
- Nigerian Law School – B.L;
- Lagos State University – LL.B
- Nigerian Bar Association;
- International Trademark Association (INTA);
- Anti-Counterfeiting Coalition (ACC)
- Copyright, Media & Entertainment;
- Intellectual Property Litigation – Trademark, Copyright, Patent & Industrial Designs Infringement Actions;
- Trademark Revocation/Invalidity Court & Regulatory Actions;
- Patent & Industrial Designs Nullification Actions;
- Common Law enforcement of IPRs –passing-off etc;
- Raids & Seizures of counterfeits – Police, Consumer Protection Council & other Governmental agencies);
- Cancellation Actions (Court & Regulatory) relating to conflict between a trademark and infringing companies’ names at the Corporate Affairs Commission;
- Commercial IP, including Due Diligence & IP Audit;
- Enlightenment/Awareness campaign relating to IPRs
- Corporate Insolvency & Restructure.
- Commercial Intellectual Property
- Litigation & Dispute Resolution
- Regulatory And Compliance