Media & Entertainment practice
The hallmark of our specialised Media & Entertainment practice is the ability to combine our expertise in intellectual property and commercial law with our comprehensive knowledge of the entertainment industry to meet the needs of artistes, musicians, publishers, writers, software developers, the telecommunication industry, media houses, financial institutions, record companies, etc. We act for local and international artistes and celebrities on a variety of issues relating to entertainment law.
Owing to our expertise in media and entertainment law, we have earned the confidence of several foreign and local investors participating in the Nigerian entertainment industry and are a reference for industry-specific advice on all aspects of media and entertainment law. In recognition of our strides in this practice area, our firm is frequently invited by international organisations including WIPO, United Kingdom Trade and Investment (UKTI) office; Government Agencies and Ministries, including Lagos State Government, Federal Ministry of Trade and Investment, Nigerian Copyright Commission, etc., to facilitate at sensitisation forums on entertainment law in Nigeria and beyond.
Our services include:
- Copyright regulatory compliance
- Copyright due diligence in commercial transactions
- Copyright content acquisition and validation
- Advising on procurement and commercialisation of media rights
- Pre-contractual advisory on, drafting and reviewing agency agreements, royalty contracts, sponsorship and endorsement agreements, music contracts, etc.
- Counselling in cross-marketing and brand-building opportunities.
- Advisory services on issues of breach of confidence in the media and entertainment industry
- Negotiation and preparation of co-production and content development agreements for film, television and other media; music contracts; publishing contracts