We have a team dedicated to protecting clients’ trademarks by opposing the registration of any conflicting trademarks or defending any opposition against client’s trademarks at the Nigerian Trademarks Registry. We are quite experienced in prosecuting trademark cancellations both at the Registry and in the regular courts, and have handled upwards of a thousand trademark opposition cases and cancellation actions.
The firm’s Trademark Opposition practice includes the following services:
- Trademark Journal Watch Service
- Advising on chances of successfully defending or opposing trademark applications
- Initiating trademark opposition actions against off ending trademark applications
- Defending trademark opposition actions
- Drafting petitions and making representations before the Registrar of Trademarks;
- Negotiating amicable settlement between opposing parties;
- Extracting written undertakings from offenders to refrain from infringing on clients’ Intellectual Property rights.