Tolu is a Senior Associate in the Intellectual Property and Regulatory & Compliance Practices of the Firm
She also doubles as Deputy Sector Head, Financial Services. Tolu advises clients on diverse regulatory issues for Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG) companies, Agro business companies, Building and Civil Engineering Construction Contracts, amongst others.
- Advanced WIPO Courses in Intellectual Property Management Trademarks, Industrial Designs and Geographical Indications
- University of Oxford – Certificate in Intellectual Property, International Taxation and Business Communication
- University of Lagos – Master of Laws (LL.M)
- Nigerian Law School – Barrister at Law (B.L)
- University of Ibadan – Bachelor of Laws (LL.B)
- Chartered Institute of Taxation of Nigeria (Associate Member)
- Intellectual Property Lawyers Association of Nigeria (IPLAN)
- International Trademark Association (INTA)
- Nigerian Bar Association
Tolu advises and liaises with regulatory bodies in Nigeria such as the Nigeria Trademarks and Patents Registry, Standards Organisation of Nigeria (SON), Consumer Protection Council (CPC), Nigeria Agricultural Quarantine Service (NAQS), National Environmental Standards Regulatory and Enforcement Agency (NESREA) and National Agricultural Seeds Council (NASC).
Having practiced IP for almost a decade, Tolu has garnered substantial expertise in trademarks, patents and designs prosecution and legal advice. Her clientele include leading brands and innovators from Asia and the Middle East. Tolu is one of the pioneers of our Technology Start-Up Initiative where our IP Practice supports Nigeria’s budding innovative entrepreneurs through a reasonably priced and customised legal and business service package.
- Intellectual Property