Intellect First – Intellectual Property Newsletter
JEE IN THE HEADLINES
Our recent milestones:
- Winner, Nigeria Firm of the year 2020’ – Managing Intellectual Property (MIP) Awards.
- Finalist, ‘Africa Firm of the Year 2020’ – MIP Awards.
- Rated Tier 1 Law Firm for contentious and non- contentious trademark and Patent work in Nigeria by World Trademark Review (“WTR”).
- Highest ranking Firm in 2020, for IP stars by Managing Intellectual Property (“MIP”).
- Voted the “Best IP Advisor, Africa” at the Innovation & IP Forum & Awards 2019.
- Our Head of Practice, Uwa, is one of 2 Nigerians recognized amongst the Top 250 Women in Intellectual Property 2019 & 2020, globally, by Managing Intellectual Property.
3 July 2020 – JEE Patent Webinar
Living up to its reputation, as a leading IP Practice in Africa, Jackson Etti & Edu, on 2nd July 2020, hosted a webinar themed “Deconstructing Patent in Africa through Regional Schemes”. The webinar which focused on patent protection in Africa, highlighted the national and regional filing systems and their benefits, was organized in collaboration with the African Intellectual Property Organisation (OAPI) and the African Regional Intellectual Property Organisation (ARIPO).
Anchored by Tolu Olaloye, a Senior Associate in JEE, the webinar also featured John Kabare, an Intellectual Property Operations Executive in ARIPO, and Magui Nnoko, Counselor and Projects Coordinator at OAPI, with participants drawn from across Africa, Asia, America and Europe.